Resources around Blender.
Are you new to Blender? Or you just want to discover new channels, discord communities or sites? This article is made for you, I will try to gather here an agglomeration of links that I consider useful. This page will be updated (I hope) in the future as I discover new things. Feel free to add new links in the comments section below.
Official website :
- Blender.org : Official website.
- The Official doc, and the Python API.
- The Wiki.
- Blender Cloud : Monthly subscription allowing access to training and source files.
- blender.stackexchange.com Stack exchange dedicated to blender. Support forum.
- Blender artist Most famous blender forum.
- Blender.community Grouping of sub-forums from different languages and backgrounds.
- devtalk.blender.org Discussion about blender development or its modules.
- developper.blender.org a forum for planning development, or reporting bugs. This space is not used for debates/discussions.
- blender.org press Informs about the news around blender.
- code.blender.org software updates, roadmap.
- BlenderNation Community blog (main news blog about blender)
- Blender Cookie Site of trainings for blender.
Other networks :
- Youtube : Blender , Developpers, Cloud, Studio
- Twitter : Blender, Cloud, Conférence,
List of lists
Others before me have already made lists, and much better sorted / exhaustive than me if you really want a lot of content, I can only recommend you to go take a look at these lists.
- Blender Bible : A very long list of tutorials classified by theme.
- Ressources from Creativeshrimp : How can we not mention Gleb Alexandrov's list? You will find software, blogs, forums, sites, etc. The list is a bit old for some links.
- Blender-addons : A list of blender addons.
- There is also this topic which references a lot of interesting links.
Here I will reference several discords without necessarily being related to blender. Discord has a lot of communities and the possibility of chat or voice, or simply sharing images/files easily make its use very satisfying.
- Blender Discord : (renamed OpenVFX) Biggest discord around Blender, lot of help.
- Blender-Discord : Blender Community, made from sheepit.
- Blender Discord : (they have no originality in their names) Contests, wip presentation, and mutual help.
- BNPR : Non Photorealistic Renders.
- CG Art Café : A blender community originaly from blender cookie.
- 3D Modeling Server : Multisoftware (after all, polygons are polygons).
- Sketchfab : Officiel discord of Sketchfab .
- MDC) et anglaise): Motion designer community.
- 3D Scanning : Best community about photogrammetry.
- Unreal Slackers : Unreal engine community.
- Armory3D : Discord about Armory3D and ArmoryPaint.
- ArtLounge : Community driven 3D modeling/rendering
- The Library : List lot of others discord
- Lighting & Rendering : Multiple software discord
- Poly Haven : Discord from Hdri, Textures et 3Dmodels Haven.
- Multi-user : To participate in collaborative modeling of multi user addon.
- Pidgeon Lab : Creator of the addon Super open image denoiser and super fast render. (EN)
- 80 Level : Discord of 80.lv. (EN)
- Prismatica : Gamdev community from Prismatica channel.
- erindale.xyz : Community of Erindale.
- Curtis Holt : Community of Curtis Holt.
- Captain Dissilusion : go see his channel if you don't know.